TWEAKER:>

Some of my friends had modded or overclocked or done something to their PC's . I never felt any deficiency in my PC except for a shortake of RAM so had held back from doing stuff. And that mods in my domain of experstise...(sound) was harder to do..But now...>:) I can also claim to have done something... my onboard Realtek ALC650 based solution is the subject of these tweaks... the nvidia utility That is supposed to be used for nforce ' boards apparently has a few hidden options .A few registry hacks later...ta da.............



the advance settings page is nice and the audio firewall is even better giving more control of over the degree of acess each program might have over the audio device...the only problem is that the ALC 650 is just a "CODEC interface" and not a hardware accelerated sound device. so all these remain on s/w to match this...I tried runnig SRS circle surround II decoder and the soundcard utilites. The surround performance was quite adequate but IT did have a bit of distortion at top levels and cpu usage was 20%:( ...software acceleration...[ rolleseyes]..IF you wannna do it ...feel free to ask

posted by kickassso, 7:33 AM